Saturday 2 March 2013

Denham SHEB

Well, we all managed to-hook up in the tiny village of Denham on Sunday. In hindsight, having been there only a couple of weeks previously and having noticed how bijou the place was, I should have suggested somewhere else with a car park! Having once before arranged a SHEB at what looked like a very nice village pub, it was on the assumption that they would have a car park. Wrong. There were Marlins dotted all round the nearby roads and we all had fun and games squeezing into places that we probably shouldn't have!

They all had puddings but still wanted to see what mine was! 
Anyway, as Pete says, the pub was very accommodating and we had a good lunch and a natter.
Keith and Margaret Howell. Our token couple on the Sweden trip.

John Brice showing patriotism (!)
Peter had a 1940's newspaper picked up from one of his boot fair scavenges and we had some fun and games reading the quaint articles. Note the headline!


Well done to Dave Elphick for coming up from Curry Rivel in Somerset. It was great to see you and I was impressed, nay, horrified, that you came all the way up in that cold with the hood down!
Dave Elphick wearing his sheep
I would have suffered frostbite if I'd tried the same thing. In fact, even if I wanted to, which is unlikely in this life and the next, I had the hard top on anyway so that was that!

 Don't worry. I will have the soft top on by the spring and I will partake in topless driving in Sweden. They're very broad minded over there so I'm sure it won't cause a riot....

Sue

1 comment:


  1. Nice post Sue and good to see you back scribbling again!Yes as we all agreed at th emeet we'd pretty well nailed most stuff so just really nice to meet up etc

    ReplyDelete